Here is an opportunity to be actively involved in the profession by contributing to what matters most to students and new graduates. ALIA Students and New Graduates Group is happy to announce that it has several Regional Coordinators positions available in:
- South Australia
- Australian Capitol Territory
- New South Wales
ALIA SNGG is looking for enthusiastic students and new graduates of an information studies course, who are bursting to contribute to the profession and new graduates community. As a ALIA Student and New Graduates Regional Coordinator, you will:
- Have an active interest in professional development in the Library & Information sector.
- Establish and widen your professional network by liaising with the professional community in organising and facilitating events;
- Become part of a national group that is passionate about assisting new information professionals in their careers;
- Develop an awareness of key issues and trends in different information sectors throughout your experience as a Regional Coordinator;
- Build on and diversify your transferrable skills by providing input to regular reports, promoting events, displaying leadership for your peers.
- Report on events to the NGG using the appropriate Google Docs, and at NGG teleconferences.
- Pass on to the NGG Convener any issues that the New Generation Advisory Committee might need to know about
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
Being a Regional Coordinator is a professional development opportunity and a fantastic opportunity to grow your personal learning networks. Points may be gained as part of the ALIA PD Scheme or may form part of a professional practice component of your information studies course.
Plus, you can add the role to your resume/ CV and demonstrate your active engagement in the profession!: Note: You need to be an ALIA member to be a Coordinator. Grab a discounted student rate!
To apply, just tell us in 200 words or less why you’d like to be a Regional Coordinator and what you think the New Graduates Group means to the profession and newbies.
Please email your application to National Convener Hiba Kanj: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 31st October 2014.