We know what you’re thinking, another resume review? But we just had one! The QLD ALIA SNGG team has decided to plan things a little differently this year with the feedback we’ve received from students and new grads from past events.
In 2017 our plan is to follow loosely the stages for preparing for a job interview. The events this year will begin with the Resume Review Cafe, followed by a Selection Criteria workshop, and then an Interview Panel. More details for these events will be announced later this year.
Come along to our Resume Review Cafe and take the opportunity to get advice and feedback on your resume from an experienced library and information professional.
Where: Brisbane – State Library Cafe, Southbank.
When: Saturday, 18 March from 9:00am (Appointments will run for approximately 30 minutes each)
Cost: ALIA members – Gold Coin donation, non-ALIA members $5.00
Here’s what you do: –
- Submit your RSVP with your resume to us via email by Tuesday 28 February (your resume will be treated with the strictest confidence).
- Receive your appointment time.
- Meet with your reviewer at your appointed time and receive valuable feedback and advice!
- Apply feedback and have more confidence in your resume.
Last year’s Resume Review Cafe was a great success, and it was fantastic to see an exchange of enthusiasm between reviewers and participants.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us – email@example.com.
Hope to see you there!
Annette, Maddy, and Shirin
ALIA Students and New Graduates Group QLD
WE NEED YOU.
Tickets are now available for the annual ALIA QLD Library and Information Week trivia night. This is a great opportunity to mingle with some of your fellow students and new grads but also spend some time with people working in the industry – I know someone who secured a placement out of it last year!
Where and When?
LOCATION CHANGE: Queensland Cricketers Club, 411 Vulture Street, East Brisbane.
Monday 25th May 2015
Trivia starts at 6:30pm but the doors will be open from 5:30pm for dinner and drinks.
How do I sign up?
- You need to register and pay online
- Our team name is ALIA Students and New Graduates make sure to type this in exactly as it is written.
- Send us an email confirming you have paid so we know how many to expect: firstname.lastname@example.org
- $10 per person for ALIA individual members, sponsors and affiliate associations [ALLA, PLAQ, SLAQ] – note you will need to enter your individual membership number when you register.
- $20 per person if you are not in the above category
Side note: Eight persons per team is the ideal number – but if we go over this we will have two chances at taking out the prize! If you have any questions or concerns please send us an email and we will sort you out.
Hope to see you there!
Annette & Erica
The effort you’ve put into your resume and selection criteria has paid off. You’ve scored an interview. Now sweaty palms and the nervous twitches have set in.
Not to worry. The ALIA New Grads Group QLD is here to help! Be prepared, confident and ready to wow your interview panel after attending our Interview Skills Workshop.
We’ve assembled a panel of managers from diverse sectors in the library and information profession. Here, you will find out what interview panels really look for and how you can present your skills (transferable and library-related) to your best advantage. Come along, bring your questions and concerns and get expert advice.
Nibbles provided as well as a chance to meet some friendly and experienced managers.
When: Monday 7th April 2014
Time: 5.30pm for 6pm start
Where: QUT Gardens Point Library, V Block, V714
Price: $5 for ALIA members, $7 for non-members