Calling out for volunteers! Here’s your chance to experience NLS6. What would you get out of it? Well apart from the awesome professional development you will get:
- free entry into the Symposium
- a volunteer T-shirt commemorating the event
- free morning tea and lunch
- attend a session of your choice
For more info and to register your interest visit our webpage:
The New Generation Advisory Committee (NGAC) is excited to offer the chance to win free registration for a new graduate or student to the ALIA 5th New Librarians Symposium (NLS5), held in Perth from 16-18 September 2011.
As part of the ALIA Board of Directors and NGAC’s commitment to providing opportunities for professional development, this competition is designed to enable a new graduate ALIA Associate member or student member currently undertaking an ALIA-recognised tertiary LIS course, who would not otherwise receive funding from their organisation, the chance to attend NLS5.
“Tell us your story using the NLS5 theme of “Metamorphosis: what will you become today?” using any form of multimedia/new media/digital storytelling, eg. video, podcast, blog entry, Prezi presentation [etc.]. Be creative! Play with the theme! Learn about a new tool! Points are awarded for content and creativity.”
1. Complete an application form (please email firstname.lastname@example.org (remove no spam) for the application form).
2. Be personal, financial Associate or student members of ALIA.
3. Have no more than five (5) years since graduation from an ALIA-recognised LIS course.
4. Use freely accessible media/hosting (eg. no payment required to view your entry).
5. Ensure audio/visual entries do not exceed 2 minutes playing time.
6. Include a written rationale/summary of your entry/response to criteria of no more than 50 words.
A panel made up of the NGAC conference sub-committee, ALIA Director: Member Services and an ALIA Board Director will decide the successful applicant using the following criteria:
• How will attending NLS5 enhance your career development? (points/10)
• What contribution will you make to the wider LIS sector as a result of attending this event? (points/10)
• Engagement with the theme of “metamorphosis” (points/5)
• Creative/innovative use of resources available (points/5)
All eligible applications will be considered on merit, and judged anonymously.
– Email email@example.com (remove nospam) to get an application form (required for entry!)
– Applications close Monday 4th July 2011.