October’s #auslibchat focused on all things leadership and management. Catch up via Wakelet.
Here are the questions:
- In your experience what makes a good manager?
- In terms of career goals, do you see yourself in a leadership or management position? Why/why not?
- Have you benefited from a professional mentor relationship? What would you want to get out of that relationship?
- What one thing would you like to know about being a manager? Or wish you had known before taking on that role?
- How do you support your PD in the areas of leadership or management? Do you have resources you could recommend?
In addition to this chat, we’re inviting the #auslibchat community to share their ideas around an online support network for those new to leadership or management. We’ve created a Padlet where you can share your ideas. It’s open now so let’s get brainstorming!
Image Credit: Mayor, D. (1971). Fire Workshop for Management. Via The State Library of Victoria.