For December’s #AusLibChat, NGAC is partnering with ALIA Sustainable Libraries Group (ALIA Green) to discuss sustainability. We want to know about the things that you, your workplace, local library or study institution are doing to combat climate change and champion sustainability within the community. We also want to know what more we can ALL do to ‘green up’ our libraries!
Join us for our next chat on Tuesday 7 December at 9pm AEDT.
1. What can libraries do in terms of their interactions with their users (eg programs etc) to promote sustainability within the community?
2. From an organisational standpoint, what is your workplace or study institution doing to combat climate change?
3. What kind of community recycling opportunities have you seen in libraries? Have you thought of anything else that could work within an LIS setting?
4. The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that the general population (including libraries) has been utilising more single use products, such as masks, gloves, antibacterial wipes and cleaning products. What can we do to combat this?
5. How can ALIA support your organisation’s sustainability programs? Is there something more or different that ALIA could do?
Comment anonymously? Email your questions or answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or PM @aliangac and we’ll include them on your behalf.