Have you ever thought “Ooh, I wish I could ask a mentor that”? Now is your chance!
For October #AusLibChat, ALIA NGAC have handed the question asking over to you and are very excited to be joined by mentors from the ALIA Mentoring Scheme to share their wisdom in answering your questions.
We know, however, that the ALIA Mentoring Scheme mentors aren’t the only people at #AusLibChat who have wisdom and experience to share, so join us at 9pm AEDT on Tuesday 5 October 2021 to share your thoughts on the questions below and find out what the ALIA Mentoring Scheme mentors have to say!
- What do you enjoy the most about being in the LIS industry and what is your greatest challenge at the moment?
- In a sea of great candidates, what makes one stand out? What are the most important skills that new LIS graduates should look to acquire in order to improve their employability?
- Is there any advice you would give to future proof a career in the library sector?
- Has there been a time in your career where something has not gone to plan or you were in a role or workplace you didn’t like? What did you do in this situation and did you learn anything from it?
- Do you have a resource, be it a book (fiction or non-fiction), manual or other that you would recommend for mentees?
Join us for #AusLibChat on Tuesday 5 October at our daylight savings time.