Self-promotion is an unavoidable part of the workforce. From education and training applications, to job applications, interviews and performance development reviews we are asked to describe our performance throughout our careers. Are you comfortable with this aspect of the workplace or would you rather secure your next opportunity by jumping in with a tank of sharks?
- Do you consider yourself a good self-promoter? Is this something that comes naturally or have you worked at it? If you don’t, is this something that you are working towards?
- What forms of self-promotion are you comfortable using? Would you rather discuss your performance subjectively or demonstrate it with stats and figures?
- Are you more comfortable promoting your library/organisation or yourself personally?
- Have you seen others self-promote in a way that you would like to try. Is there anything holding you back from doing so?
- Is there such a thing as bad self promotion? Can you give examples?
Join us for #AusLibChat on 3 November at the new daylight savings times!