When Paola and I learned that we would be the first Student and Newgrad Group (SNGG) Coordinators for the ACT, we were honoured and excited to make the role our own. Both of us had moved to the ACT in January this year which gave us a unique opportunity to build a network of support from scratch.
We first meet in March to discuss events and ways to engage with the SNNG community in Canberra. We came up with:
- Twitter/Linkedin workshop
- Resume Workshop
- Business writing, grants and research proposals
- Creating an ALIA ACT email people can use to contact us
- Social events – trivia, lego nights, drinks, knitting circle
- Connect with Canberra Library Tribe
- Inform through social media of uncoferences, conferences, internships and VALA webinars
We both agreed that we would also like to introduce ourselves so we held an event on the 10 May to do just that. From our first event Paola and I learned that building connections in Canberra Universities will be the best way to get ourselves known to the community here.
We are planning our next event for August/September and it would make our day to see you there!
If you want to get in touch email us: email@example.com