Attention recent and soon-to-be graduates. The ALIA Student and New Graduates Group Resume Review Service is back in operation. Whether you’re applying for a specific job or just need general advice, we can arrange to have your resume reviewed by an experienced professional.
Eligibility for a review from the service:
- Recently qualified library technician or librarian, or current student in a library technician or library programme in Australia. Professionals returning to the workforce after a hiatus are also welcome.
- AND current ALIA member
Please note: there is a limit of three reviews per year
How to request a review:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Resume review request’ and include the following information in the email:
- Your resume attached as a Word document (.doc, .docx, or .rtf)
- Your name and email address
- Your ALIA number
- The job posting to which you’re applying (include an active link or file attachment). If you’re not applying for a specific position, describe the type of position you plan to seek, including type of library (e.g., public, academic, special) and type of duties (e.g., technical services, reference and instruction, etc).
- A list of any specific aspects of the resume that you’d like the reviewer to focus on.
What to expect:
You will receive a reply from your reviewer within two weeks with advice on how to improve your resume, based on his or her experience and expertise. The review is confidential. Your documents will be handled by this service’s coordinators and viewed by the reviewer only. Your files will be deleted after the review is complete. Your name and email address will be stored in a Google Spreadsheet, which is accessible only to the service coordinators.
If you have any questions about this service or your eligibility, please include them in the comments of this post or send a private email to email@example.com