The latest New Librarians’ Symposium is being held in Sydney on 24-26 July 2015.
The theme this time around is Trajectories. While most industry conferences cater for the interests of established professionals, NLS is aimed specifically at graduates and students.
So what’s in it for me you ask?
- Networking – meet other grads and students, who will one day soon be your industry peers
- See things from a different perspective; the presentations will be stimulating!
- Learn from experts in the field
- ALIA professional development or maybe a course requirement; get those PD hours up without spending
- It’s aimed at newbies, so it won’t fly over your head.
Want to read more? Check out the NLS6 blog for an idea of the last NLS. It also has a cool idea for picture note taking, which I have borrowed for my poorly drawn plane picture.
Hope to see you all there!
NSW Regional Coordinator