- ·Do you want to secure your first job in the library/information sector OR get that job that utilises your skill base in roles across all sectors?
- ·Are you frustrated by your current job search?
- ·Are your current selection criteria letting you down?
- ·Do you know what addressing selection criteria mean and what the objective of doing so is?
If you answered yes to all of these, rest assured we are here to help! The ALIA New Grads Group in Tasmania will be holding a Selection Criteria Workshop for those struggling to make sense of it all!!
We are lucky to have Garry Conroy-Cooper, manager at Launceston LINC [LINC Tasmania www.linc.tas.gov.au] who has had extensive knowledge and experience in Australia wide recruitment in our industry and human resource management, to host this two-hour workshop. You will learn how to write effective responses to selection criteria, attract more interviews and communicate your skills effectively. Please bring along examples of criteria that you thought were difficult to address or were unsure how to approach, examples of the documents you wrote addressing selection criteria and we will discuss these at the workshop.
You do not need to be a student or a new graduate to come – EVERYONE is welcome!
Date: 21st April 2012 (Saturday)
Venue: Phil Leonard Room, 2nd Floor, Launceston LINC, Civic Square Launceston
Cost: $10 (ALIA members); $15 (non-ALIA members)
- ·Light refreshments provided.
- ·A minimum of 12 RSVPs will be required to make this event viable.
Please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any further questions. Thanking you all in advance!!