QLD New Grads Event – Lightning Talks!
Have you been wondering how you can get more public speaking experience? Or maybe there is a library topic you are interested in that you think needs more exposure?
You can get public speaking experience and share your information and ideas at the next QLD New Grads event!
Our next event will be New Grad Lightning Talks. Lightning Talks are short talks (max. 5mins) presented by new grads, recent graduates, students or any other library and information professionals who have something to say. Nominate yourself to present at this event and get some great experience.
What you need to do:
1. RSVP to Bonnie Dixon (email@example.com)
2. Think of a topic you could talk about (all topics relevant to libraries welcome).
3. Do some research and write it down
4. Create a concise and interesting presentation to give to the new grads (max. 5mins)
5. Come along and present your topic and be ready to answer questions about it.
When: November 24, 6pm at State Library of Queensland, The Edge, Window Bay 1
Topic ideas to get you started – use an assignment you have done for your qualification, use a project you are doing at work, social networking in libraries, Evidence Based Practice, Innovations in Reference Services, Gaming in public libraries, anything else at all!
If you have questions, please get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ALIA New Graduates Group Coordinator QLD